Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tulips Against Tumors in Bloom

Last fall I participated in the National Planting Day for Tulips Against Tumors by planting the tulips I purchased from the National Brain Tumor Society in my garden. They started coming up late January, and I have been anxiously anticipating their bloom ever since.




The tulip buds came up this past weekend - just as I was getting ready to fly to California for an appointment with my neurosurgeon at Saint John's Brain Tumor Center. Here's what they looked like on the first day of spring...


I was in Santa Monica when I received this text message (and photo) from my husband -

"Wish you were here."

The timing of his note was perfect. I had so much on my mind...and I missed him just the same since he wasn't able to travel with me to the appointment.

Here's what my tulips looked like when I returned home yesterday - they're so beautiful!