Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Not Alone

I found this story on the National Brain Tumor Society's blog about a brain tumor survivor and found a song he wrote to be encouraging. Pituitary Tumors are not typically cancerous, but after two brain surgeries and six weeks of radiation treatment, there's a lot in the words of this song that's still relatable.



A quote from the blog post:
"I want other cancer survivors, patients, and caregivers to find hope, courage, and inspiration from 'Meant to Live' and my journey. My journey against this cancer is far from over, but I do know that I have already beat it, regardless of what it does to me moving forward. This is because of how I have lived after I was told I have cancer and will continue to live knowing it is prevalent in my life. Different people have different ways of responding to such a crisis, but I do know that in order to be successful with anything, your mindset must be in a forward, positive direction that leaves no room for negativity. You must make the best of the hand you have been given. A little faith goes a long way as well."