Monday, February 05, 2018

Stable Scans!

Redondo Beach, California - August 2017

I followed up with my neurosurgeon in California last summer and my MRI report says there is no evidence of recurrent disease. Regarding certain areas where tumor remained, the report states, "Previous tiny hypoenhancing focus along the right sellar floor is not seen on today's study." Any residual tumor that is present is still stable and/or continues to shrink. I am still on a 3-6 month recall with my endocrinologist because my pituitary gland's function is slowly diminishing. Hormone replacement is adequately helping me feel completely normal. I'm grateful for my progress and the doctors who helped me get to this point! In March, I will be participating in the American Brain Tumor Association's BT5K to show support for people diagnosed with brain tumors. This is something I've wanted to do for years. Thanks be to God that I can run/walk in this event!